Monday, August 18, 2008

Summer Travels Part 1: Seattle

The first leg of my summer travels took me to the always beautiful Seattle area.

The 4th of July was spent with my best friend Chandra and her adorable family. I have to say she has some of the cutest girls in the world. After picking my up from the airport, we spent the rest of the morning/afternoon at the Bothell city parade. Chandra's oldest daughter Olivia was part of her dance troupe's float which was fun. Chandra's girls had a great time running after candy and I enjoyed just hanging out with her and the family.

Victoria and Lucy looking very patriotic.

On Saturday the 5th, Chandra and I got to have a girls afternoon out. We went for pedicures, saw the movie "Get Smart" (very funny) and went to Buca di Beppo for dinner. It had been 2 years since we last saw each other and this time together was nice.

The rest of the weekend was spent enjoying each others company and hanging out with her family. On Monday the 7th, I met up with my sister-in-law Robin and her kids at her brother's apartment pool. The kids had a great 4 hour swim before we headed out to their house in Duval.

Their house in Duval is in the prettiest location. I could just sit in their front room and look out their window for the rest of my life and be happy. It is gorgeous - this picture does not do it justice.

Unfortunately on Tuesday the 8th I ate something that didn't sit well and I spent the rest of the day running back and forth to the bathroom. I haven't had to throw up that much in my entire life. Nothing would stay down, not even water. Fortunately, Greg was able to give me a blessing with the help of his neighbor and by Wednesday all was fine.

Wednesday, Robin and I took the kids to a nearby lake which the kids did not think was very exciting. After trying to keep them there for an hour we tried our luck at another community lake. We were fortunate that the gate was open and the kids had a great time playing in the water. In the evening, we had a little picnic in the park where a local band was playing and I was able to see my dear friend Robert and meet his partner Mikel and their kids. The band was entertaining, but the music was a little too loud to have any deep conversations. My nephew Hunter was bothered by the loud music, so Robin took the kids to work on some crafts. There was a river nearby and before you know it Hunter, Chris and Elaina were all soaked to the bones. The kids are like fish and can't seem to get enough of the water.

Thursday we met Greg for lunch in the Google offices (talk about an awesome setup--makes me almost wish I worked there)--and then spent the rest of the afternoon at a local park. I treated Robin and the kids to dinner at Red Robin before we headed back to their house. Here are a few of the pictures of the kids I took that evening.

Alix & Elaina

Hunter & Chris

The highlight of my trip with Greg and Robin was meeting their little one Jacen. He is the friendliest baby I have ever met.

Friday morning Greg took me to the airport nice and early and off I flew to Salt Lake for the 2nd leg of my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment