- Read more books. The stack of 20 books next to my bed will soon be a thing of the past.
- Go to the movies more frequently. I have a couple of movie going friends and so this should be fun.
- Paint. I would like to take a couple of classes this year to learn how to paint and complete some more pictures.
- Cook. Through taking the cooking classes at the Creative Cooking School, I have decided that I really enjoy cooking. This year I will start to cook all of those exciting recipes I keep saving.
- Comment on my friends and families' blogs. I always read them, but I never say anything. You now have my promise that I will start interacting with your postings.
- Smile. I sometimes catch myself with a scowl on my face, then I wonder how long it has been there. I need to smile more so that people will see that I am approachable and friendly.
- Sing. I have always loved singing, but I haven't seriously done it in years. Now is the time to pick up a mic and start reconnecting with my old love.
- Post 100 Blog entries. Since staring my blog, I have discovered that I enjoy writing down my thoughts, feelings and activities (regardless if anyone reads it). Now, I just need to do it more often.
- Pamper myself. I always put myself last and of course there is never any time left for me. My feet are ready for their first pedicure of the year. :-)
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Resolutions for a New Year
After reading "The Happiness Project" blog I decided to change the way I look at my new year's resolutions. This year I am only setting resolutions that I will enjoy keeping. Here are my nine resolutions for 2009.