In reflection on the year past I have decided to look at it through a few themes--instead of the more traditional chronological recap.
- As all of you know one of my favorite past times is to travel. This year took me to: Japan (April), Fort Collins, Colorado (June), Zion National Park (June), Virginia and Washington D.C. (July), Alaska (August), Yellowstone National Park (September) as well as a visit to every one of my brother's houses. Even with as many holidays and days off we get as teachers it still never feels like enough time to spend with those I love the most.
- Japan was stunning. My brother Scott and I were there during the cherry blossom season which made it all more beautiful. The people are generous and thoughtful and the country is so clean. I highly recommend visiting--you won't be disappointed. Just a few of my favorite pictures...I managed to take around 900.
Shinto shrine in Kyoto
We stumbled upon a couple getting married in all the traditional clothes.
Guard gate to the Imperial Palace in Tokyo
Some of the vibrant blossoms we saw.
More cherry blossoms.
Here are some pictures of the cruise to Alaska
- I switched schools this fall and have been teaching at a magnate school in the Northwest part of Vegas. The school is really beautiful and the students are engaged and want to learn--all things that any teacher would be jealous of. I am however, still not entirely satisfied and I find myself going over the same questions that come up every year. Do I want to keep teaching? Would I be happier doing something else? I wish I knew what that something else is. The irony in all of this is--that as conflicted as I am with my career--I still am very ambitions and this fall I have been hired to work as a trainer for three different divisions with our district. I have been incredibly busy conducting trainings and workshops which I enjoy.
- To save on commuting time, I also moved closer to my new school. I love the new place but miss living in the southwest part of town.
- I also bought a new car. It gets amazing gas mileage and I don't mind cruising around town in it.
- In my never-ending quest to improve myself and to honor my New Year's resolutions I took a variety of classes to improve my skills. Two art classes - watercolor painting and acrylic painting as well as more cooking classes.
- I am also working on an on-line degree in photography. As I complete my assignments I will start to post more pictures.
- Next year I plan on taking classes in mosaics, voice-overs and perhaps some drawing classes.
- I honestly don't know what 2010 will bring. I am trying to keep all avenues of my life open to whatever new directions present themselves to me.
- I am open to moving, changing jobs and the new adventures in traveling I am sure will come.
- I am planning a trip to Rome for Spring Break and maybe traveling to China this summer. Keep coming back for all the updates.
I hope this Christmas will bring peace, love and all the blessings from our Heavenly Father your way. Merry Christmas!