- The month of February brought me a lovely visit from my parents. My dad spent two days at school teaching my students about his experience in the FBI and then he and my mother spent the rest of their time helping me hang pictures and complete some little home projects.
- President's day weekend I traveled Tucson to visit my brother and his family. I had a nice relaxing weekend. My niece and nephew's favorite activity when I visit is helping me to grade homework. I must say it is infinitely more fun when they are helping me.
- The last weekend in February I drove to Logan, Utah to take the engagement photos for my niece and her fiance. It was great to meet Carson and other than being a little cold, I loved being up in the mountains for a day.
- In March I completed my portfolio for my National Board Certification. The next task is to study for the assessment test which I will take the first Saturday in May. After I complete that portion I will just have to wait for my scores. Scores aren't released until December.
- April is one of my favorite months in Las Vegas because everything begins to bloom again and the weather is usually perfect. This month I will be taking seven students to New York City for Spring Break. My brother Doug is accompanying me and I am looking forward to the trip. The last time I was in NYC was three years ago with another group of students. In addition, I have several photo sessions lined up which I am looking forward to.
I like to ponder my life frequently and because I believe in constant and never ending improvement I have decided to implement a plan to be more accountable for my actions. I have recently been inspired by Conference and a book about Happiness to start this project. As I am more intentional about my life, choices and happiness I think I will find more satisfaction, find more peace and ultimately do more good. I will write more about what I am doing as I figure out all the details.