Here are some of the projects I completed:
- Finished picture books of Germany and India
- Designed Paris & Turkey book (2007) - still need to add text
- Finished painting my house (pictures will be forthcoming)
- Finally unpacked and officially "moved in" (I know 8 months later)
- Cooked 2 months worth of lunches for school (various soups)
- Made 12 jars of peach jam
- Reorganized all my electronic files
- Sold a number of items online
The new school year seems to be shaping up well. My AP students have been very receptive to class discussions and I am excited to see them grow. In my honors and regular world history class, I am experimenting this year by teaching history backwards. So far the students have liked this system, although they don't like how much work I am making them do. It has been fun to see all of my old students this year, they keep stopping by to talk and tell me how much they miss my class.
I am the VP of Communications for the Southern Nevada Council for the Social Studies this year. My job is to maintain the website and write the newsletter. I have enjoyed being a part of the council.
This fall I am busy studying for the GMAT exam. My friend Grace (a math teacher at SWCTA) has been helping me study. It is humbling to discover how much information I have lost since high school. I am also still working on my photography and spending more time painting. I am keeping busy as always.
I will post this weekend, photos of my new place. I am excited to show off all the hard work.